Neuse State Park is a treasure of the Raleigh area, and definitely worth a day trip, or overnight camping trip. If you haven’t visited yet, or even if you have, there’s no shortage of things to explore at Neuse State Park.
Cliffs Of The Neuse State Park
These impressive cliffs overlook the Neuse River and have been a landmark for centuries. In addition to the beautiful sight of the river, the Cliffs also have five hiking trails, quiet fishing spots, and an 11-acre swimming lake to help you cool off during the heat of the summer. You can also rent a boat and putter around the lake for a lazy lake day.
If a staycation is in order, Neuse State Park makes the perfect backdrop for a weekend away. They offer tent, trailer, and RV camping in a wooded area near the park office. There are 12 sites with electric hookups and 18 other standard sites with a bathhouse available. The campground is open year-round!
If tents or RVs aren’t quite your style, don’t worry. Neuse State Park also offers camping cabins on three sites in the campground. The cabins offer interior electricity and portable water.
You might also like: Games That Will Make Your Next Game Night Memorable
As we mentioned, there are several trails available for hiking in Neuse State Park, ranging from 350 yards to almost two miles.
- 350 Yard Trail – this is the park’s shortest trail, and grants access to the Cliffs of the Neuse.
- Bird Trail – this half-mile loop is one of the park’s original trails and is accessed by hiking to the end of the 350 Yard Trail then crossing over the Mill Creek boardwalk.
- Galax Trail – the Galax trail is another half-mile loop. It’s an easy hike, perfect for a relaxing nature walk.
- Lake Trail – this is the longest hike at the park at 1.9 miles. The trail, which was opened to the public in 2015, winds through a previously-unused section of forest full of wildlife and history.
- Longleaf Trail – The Longleaf trail was opened in 2013, and is a 0.4-mile hike one way.
How will you spend a day at Neuse State Park?
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.